- Bristol, derives from "Brigstow", the Saxon for bridging point.
- Formerly part of Avon county, the city is now a unitary authority in its own right,
- with a population of around 500,000 people.
- This category tree is for websites about, or with addresses located within Bristol.
- Bristol is in the South West of England on
- the south bank of the Severn Estuary at Avonmouth,
- between the unitary authorities of:
- North Somerset to the west and south,
- Bath and North East Somerset to the south west,
- South Gloucestershire immediately north and east.
- separating Bristol from the county of Wiltshire further west.
Related categories 4
Other languages 3