LeRoy, was formed from Caledonia (Livingston Co.)as "Bellona," June 8,1812. It received its present name April 6, 1813, in honor of Herman LEROY, one of the original purchasers of the "Triangle Tract." A part of Stafford was taken off in 1820 and a part of Pavilion in 1842. It is the central town on the east border of the County. This category may contain sites in topical sub-categories as well as links to other geographic categories.