Sites submitted here that don''t meet the News: Colleges and Universities guidelines must be moved by a volunteer editor to the waiting list for the right category - meaning the sites get pushed to the bottom of that category''s queue, and the wait for review will likely be longer.
Following are some types of sites that have been incorrectly submitted here in the past, along with suggestions on where to send them instead. This list is NOT all-inclusive.
- Non-English sites should be submitted to the closest World category.
- Student message boards and forums, and sites about the college experience in general may be appropriate for Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: College Life. Those for students of a specific school should be submitted to that school''s category in Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities.
- Academic journals should go to the most appropriate subcategory of Reference: Journals.
- Parodies and satires have a home at Recreation: Humor: Magazines and E-zines: College and University.
- Alumni- and reunion-oriented sites with a general focus should go to Reference: Education: Alumni Directories; more specific sites should go to the Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities category for that school.
- Sites concerning disputes with a specific school should go to the Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities category for that school, or consider seeking the most fitting Society: Issues category.
- Students'' personal pages, class projects, and archives of articles published elsewhere are better suited to Society: People: College Life.
- Textbook sales/swaps/auctions should go Shopping: Publications: Books: Used and Rare: Textbooks
Sites and portals about the college experience in general should be submitted to Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: College Life.
Sites listed here may also be submitted to the appropriate school subcategory in Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities.