- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Co-operation among Co-operatives
- Concern for Community
Agricultural: farms, feed suppliers, and seed banks.
Computer and Internet: ISPs, web hosting, and computer design collectives
Energy: utility companies and power providers
Food Cooperatives: health-food stores and bulk food sharing programs
Housing: housing cooperatives and intentional communities.
Visual Arts: groups of artists, both living and working together.