- This category deals with cytobiology;
- protein interactions at the cellular level, such as cytoplasm or organelles
- in contrast to those at the nuclear level,
- which are dealt with in Gene Expression.
- The established pathways, also known as Enzymology, are currently dealt with in the Metabolism category
- However, structural aspects are included in Proteins and Enzymes: Structure.
- where there are also links about the enzymes of transcription and translocation.
- Whereas intracellular events related to cytoplasm are contained in this category,
- intercellular events effecting membrane, signaling mechanisms and second messengers,
- should be found in Cell_Biology,
- or perhaps Developmental_Biology.
- Biochemical events between organs should be found in Physiology,
- or perhaps Endocrinology.
Related categories 2
Includes the enzyme's history, general information, news, research, links, and FAQ.
ATPases Associated with Cellular Activities (AAA)
Information and databases on the ubiquitous AAA protein superfamily, essential for cell cycle, vesicular transport, mitochondrial functions, peroxisome assembly, and proteolysis at IMBM, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria.
Resource, including its relationship to immunity, pigmentation, neurochemistry, obesity, mutations resulting in the genotypes of mahogany, zitter, myelin vacuolation and black tremor in rodents. Maintained at DFCI, Boston, MA.
Comprehensive enzyme information system, searchable by a number of different parameters.
The CAZy database describes the families of structurally-related catalytic and carbohydrate-binding functional domains of enzymes that degrade, modify or create glycosidic bonds.
Laboratory to investigate fiber-forming spiders, mussel collagen, nanoproteinfibers, and prions at Munich, Germany.
Graether, Steffen, PhD.
CV, publication list and introduction to research studying the structure and function of antifreeze proteins. Professor in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of Guelph, Ontario.
Data repository of plant natural antimicrobial peptides.
Wikipedia: Posttranslational Modification
Article on chemical modification of polypeptide chains after synthesis.
Wikipedia: Protein Biosynthesis
Article summarising the process by which the cell converts the DNA sequence to proteins.