* An individual or company receives a letter or fax from an alleged "official" representing a foreign government or agency;
* An offer is made to transfer millions of dollars in "over invoiced contract" funds into your personal bank account;
* You are encouraged to travel overseas to complete the transaction;
* You are requested to provide blank company letterhead forms, banking account information, telephone/fax numbers; You receive numerous documents with official looking stamps, seals and logo testifying to the authenticity of the proposal;
* Eventually you must provide up-front or advance fees for various taxes, attorney fees, transaction fees or bribes.
The leading host nation for this form of fraud at present is Nigeria.