Milford [New Haven County] Connecticut was settled in 1639 under New Haven and named in 1640. It united with Connecticut Colony in 1664 but was not incorporated as a city until 1959. Its Indian name is Wepawaug.

Area, 24.7 sq. miles. Population, est., 50,027. Voting districts, 5. Principal industries, retail furniture center, sailmaking, hydraulic lifts, ball point pens, razors, razor blades, lighters, corrugated paper, fabricated metals, instruments, and specialty tools, high tech components, wholesale ice cream making, telecommunications, computer center and major distribution, warehousing and common carrier center, corporate fast food service international headquarters, major recreational and boating center with municipal marina and boat launching ramps, and Jai Alai Fronton.

Milford includes the sections known as Devon, Parcel Post, Wildermere Beach and Woodmont. It is considered a part of the New Haven Metro Area.

Information submitted must relate specifically to Milford, Connecticut, or to the areas of Milford known as Devon, Parcel Post, Wildermere Beach and Woodmont.
Includes sites for the Arts: music, performing arts, visual arts, literature, and the institutions that support them. It also includes architecture and entertainment.
Submissions must be specific to the arts or entertainment in Milford, Connecticut.
Automotive businesses must be located in Milford, Connecticut.
Submissions must be specific to Milford, Connecticut.
Submissions must be specific to Milford, Connecticut.
Submissions must be specific to the history of Milford, Connecticut.