- Northumberland is England's most northerly county, and has coastlines and countryside of outstanding natural beauty together with a rich and colourful history dating back to ancient times.
- Northumberland is unique. It is the least densely populated County in England; and has its own National Park, the most remote and unspoilt of all the English National Parks. It has its own flag, its own tartan and its own dialect. It has more castles open to the public than any other county.
- In Hadrian's Wall, it has the largest world heritage site in the country; and at Kielder, it has the largest man-made lake in Western Europe set in the country's largest man-made forest. It has its own food and drink and even its own distinct birds and wildlife.
- It is the only British county with its own musical instrument: The Northumbrian pipes. It even has its own anthem!
- Though largely rural, Northumberland provides an ideal environment for business, with an established infrastructure and excellent national and international transport links.
Related categories 1